Internship support from the Careers Services Departments
Through their Careers Services Department all three institutions offeir their support to students in finding an internship.
Matthieu Dederichs, EMM graduate, interned at Thales in Australia and today works at J.P. Morgan in London as an Investment Banking Analyst. As a second year student of the European Master in Management, he made full use of the tools the Careers Services Department provided him with.
Here is what he had to say:
“Through professional social networks, I got in touch with numerous EMLYON alumni, one of them being a General Manager Finance at Thales Australia. Thanks to this person, I had my resume forwarded to the Group Treasurer, who contacted me shortly after. My tasks ranged from the FX hedges portfolio management (negotiation, recommendations, contracting and follow-up) to the participation to a business case aiming at the automation of the Accounts Payable function for Thales Australia (preliminary meetings with banks and service providers, internal audit, etc.). I also led the design and implementation of a Treasury platform aiming at optimizing business processes dealing with FX hedges. This internship has been the occasion for me to discover the Treasury function within an international group, and I had the occasion to liaise with top senior management in numerous cases. Through the different projects I was involved with, I have learned how to effectively manage situations with tight time constraints, and how to strive towards optimal results within an international environment. Furthermore, I have had the chance to learn a lot about market and corporate finance, especially in the field of foreign exchange, IFRS reporting and financial accounting.”
Discover internship examples from last year's intake:
- BMCE Capital Conseil (Morocco) - M&A advisory within corporate investment bank, company evaluation, sectorial research, pitch, memo, development.
- Coty France (Paris, France) - Product Manager Assistant for fragrances Heidi Klum and Nouvelles Licences.
- Deloite & Touche GMBH (Munich, Germany) - Assistance in the preparation of client transaction services such as company valuations, bid support, buyer/vendor due diligence, financial statement analyses and final adivsory reports.
- Ernst & Young (Geneva, Switzerland) - Transaction Advisory Services-Transaction Support and Business Valuation/Valuation Modelling.
- Govida Chocolatier (Brussels, Belgium) - Update in-store marketing and communication, implement tools in order to build customer relationship and improve satisfaction, and finally prepare the communication materials for the new Godiva Collection.
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (The Netherlands) - Allocated in the finance sector: working on budgeting, cost management and forecasting.
- WeiserMazars (New York, USA) - Audit intersnhip in order to get experience of the North American market and US GAAP.
- Grupo HS3 S.L. (Barcelona, Spain) - Business administration, business development, marketing.
- Atos Worldwide (Lyon, France) - Intern within the Business & Strategic Development.
- Astrium GMBH (Germany) - As part of the New Business Dpt, the goal will be to support engineers in finding new applications for technology Astrium has already used in other projects and see how they can be marketed.
- Alphabet International BMW Group (Munich, Germany) - Support market entry studies, collaboration models and M&A activities.
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (Munich, Germany) - Assist the Sales Strategy, Planning & Reporting team.
- Barclays Capital (Frankfurt Germany) - Actively participate and experience the investment banking division.
- Spotify France (Paris, France) - Assist in managing the marketing and communication activities of Spotify on the French market.
- Danone ( Paris, France) - Support the organisation of international workshops, participation in the creation of an innovation newsletter, help in organising meetings with different countries, R&D teams, packaging teams...
- Shanghai Institute of Mechanical (Shanghai, China) - Project management intern (support the management and operational follow-up of the project).
Other interesting internships include:
- Deutsche Bank AG (Germany) - Evaluation of business cases of strategic projects, execution of investment tracking and assessment of accounting issues related to strategic projects.
- United Nations (USA) - Assistant to the project manager of the Knowledge Management Service.
- Danone Eaux France - Assistant product manager for Badoit.
- THALES Australia - Corporate finance, treasury activities, Trade & Export.
- Louis Vuitton Eau (United Arab Emirates) - Ensure the development of Louis Vuitton Customer Database and manage efficiently the implementation of mailings and events for the stores in the Middle East.
- Interpol (France) - Support Interpol's financial and high-tech crimes sub-directorate.
- Henkel (Germany) - Organisation, steering of and participation in the education programme, reworking and permanent controlling of international training modules.
- Hugo Boss (Hong Kong) - Help building up the Hugo Boss retail network in the Asia Pacific region.
- L'OREAL (Finland) - Controlling for the Consumer Products Division and for the Luxury Products Division.
- Mercedes-Benz LTD (China) - Assisting the Retail Projects team of the Network Development department of Mercedes-Benz China.
European Master in Management Profiles
- Anja Rauscher from Germany, specialised in Marketing at Aston Business School
- 1st internship: Louis Vuitton Services in Marketing (Paris, France)
- 2nd internship: Cartier International in Marketing (Paris, France)
- Current job: Product Shoes Manager at Christian Dior Couture (Paris, France)
- Hongyao HE, from China, specialised in Organisation, Change and Strategy at LMU
- 1st internship: Marketing at GE Healthcare Europe (Paris, France)
- 2nd internship: Marketing at GE Healthcare Europe (Germany)
- Current job: EMEA Modality Service Junior Project Manager at GE Healthcare Europe (Paris, France)
- Kayane Miroglu from Turkey, specialised in Marketing at Aston Business School
- 1st internship: Marketing at Gemalto (Marseille, France)
- 2nd internship: Marketing at Netsize UK (London, UK)
- 1st job: PPC Account Executive at Ogilvy & Mather (London, UK)
- 2nd job: Social Media Analyst at TGB Digital (London, UK)